Thursday, December 17, 2009

Silver Spoons

I found it! I found the perfect gift form my three year old niece. Even at such an early age, she has developed a strong interest in cooking. She loves to chop vegetables with a butter knife, stir muffin batter until it's tough as rubber, and knead bread dough (although she calls it "squeezing" bread dough). So, when I saw that there is a new children's version of the best selling Italian cookbook The Silver Spoon, I grabbed it.

Now when she helps her mommy with lunch she can make Tuscan Minestrone Soup, Rigatoni with Meatballs or Chicken Stuffed with Marscapone. Well ... maybe she'll can start with the Banana Cream. There's time. In a couple years she'll be ready for the 1,264 page original.

Total Cost: $20 ... but right now it's 20% off at Barnes and Noble with another 10% off for members. Buon appetito!

No comments: