Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rissie Grace is Thankful For …

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I’m spending it with my family. The various responsibilities have been doled out, and we’re each doing something that we are fairly good at. Nora is making the deviled eggs and the twice baked sweet potatoes potatoes. Mother is baking the pies and fixing the stuffing. Daddy is mashing the potatoes. Spencer is opening the can of cranberry sauce. As for me, I’m responsible for the turkey, the brussel sprouts AND setting the table.
Setting the table for thanksgiving is really one of my favorite things. It’s nice to pull out all the plates, silverware, glasses, napkins and candles that never get used at any other time. It’s also fun to make place cards, and tell people where to sit (like we’re at a wedding with 500 people). The place cards shown above are from Martha Stewart (left) and Country Living (right), and they are both very nice, but I like this idea from Blonde Designs. They put a card at each place with the person’s name and a space for them to write what they are thankful for. Even better than that, they have provided a template so you can make your own.
Now, let’s see … what am I thankful for?
· family
· friends
· faith
· job
· books
· car
· peach pie
· ikea
· a hot shower
· magazines
· a blanket right out of the dryer
· hand cream that smells like jasmine
· a laugh that makes my sides hurt
· etc. (this could go on all day)
Total Cost: $0 for a place card that reminds you to be truly thankful.

No comments: