Saturday, March 27, 2010

Contest: Name My Ride

I'm going on a road trip! I've decided to visit my sister in DC over Spring break. Since the trip is now less than a week away, I am busy making preparations. The first thing on the do-list is simple -- name the car.
Have you ever read Travels with Charley in Search of America by John Steinbeck? It's a really great book about an extended tour of America that Steinbeck took with his dog Charley. The other major character in the book is the vehicle, who Steinbeck christens Rocinante (after Don Quixote's horse). Anyway, I think it would be fun to have a name for my car, but I'm not clever enough to come up with one. So, I'm asking for your help.
Please tell me what name you think I should use and why. I'll pick my favorite, and announce the winner on Wednesday morning. The winner will recieve a US Great Seal Keychain like the one shown below.

I can't wait to hear your ideas!

7 comments:

schmidtya said...

Hi Rissie, this is Susie I would call it the Blue Belle. Andrew says the Blue Bomber. And Jonathan says Big Burtha. Have a fun and safe trip!

Janet said...

Samson (Prince Phillip's horse)

Janet said...

...or maybe Sparkplug, or FlashDash :)

Rebecca said...

I say Pepper.

Unknown said...

Hi Miss Lundberg, this is Sommer, Halah told me about your contest. I don't know if it's too late for this, but my suggestions are:
-Uhzruq (arabic for blue)
-Azul (spanish for blue)
-Sea monster
-Glum (synonym for blue :D )
-Toot (arabic for blueberry)
-Fish
-Whale
-Sommer
-Neal (I like that name)
-Gertrude ( I think its funny :) )
-Noah (because the car is blue, like water, and noah has to do with water :) ) (or you can do Nuh, which is the arabic name for noah)

Ok, that's it for now (sorry there are so many suggestions!), I have to go do my homework :) have fun going to see your sister!

Anonymous said...

上班好累哦,看看部落格轉換心情~~~先謝謝啦!! .................................................................

L. Edgar Otto said...

Well, blue belle also struck me at first sight... but from an old Roy Rogers TV series his horse was named Buchephalus (from Alexander) but his jeep was named Nelly Belle. So, Nelly Blue Belle!

ThePeSla