Friday, May 1, 2009

How To Make a May Day Basket

I have a confession. I have never made or given a May Day basket. For those of you who don’t know, the “May-Day-Basket-Ritual” goes like this: get a basket and fill it with flowers, hang it on a friend’s doorknob, ring the door bell, run. (If you get caught, you’re supposed to get a kiss.) What a charming tradition! It seems like something that I would do faithfully each year – I love anything that involves spring, flowers and gift giving. The problem is, May 1st always sneaks up on me, and then I feel like I don’t have enough time to create something really memorable. But this year I decided things would be different! Even though I forgot it was May Day until this morning, I had to give a May Day basket to at least one person. Turns out, it wasn’t that hard. All I had to do was:

1. Roll
2. Staple
3. Cut
4. Buy flowers
5. Deliver
Pretty easy. Next year I might give out two baskets.
Cost: $7.00 for paper and flowers. Worth every penny.

No comments: